Basic Membership - $150 per month
Artists with this membership receive access to:
- 24/7, 4,000 square foot studio space for making artwork
- Use of all tables, easels, taborets and open wall space
- Personal entry code
- Two slop sinks
- Kitchen/Lounge (with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, water boiler, plates and utensils)
- Utilities included/free Wi-fi
- Featured on BAS's online art registry
- Free figure drawing three times per week
- Free monthly critiques and Art Talks with established artists, curators, critics, gallerists, and historians
- 10% off all workshops
- 10% off on your first out-of-warranty Mac, iPhone or iPad repair or professional data recovery service at The Mac Support Store
- 10% off Brooklyn Botanic Gardens workshops and membership to the BBG
- Optional participation in member salon exhibitions with Trestle Gallery
- Brooklyn Art Space members who participate in one of the Member Salons automatically qualify for Artist Rate membership to the following museums: Dia Art Foundation, Guggenheim Museum, Whitney Museum of American Art, Museum of Modern Art & PS1, New Museum and Brooklyn Museum
*Unlike Open Studio Membership, Basic Membership does not include personal lockers, drying racks, or other storage usage.
The Fine Print
Application deadline is the 15th of the preceding month. There is a $35 application fee and a $20 personal key-code fee for all accepted artists. These are both one-time fees.
Membership is granted upon signing a studio contract alongside the first and last month's rent as well as a damage deposit. With exception to particular circumstances, damage deposits will be returned upon termination of membership.
Memberships are month-to-month with no long term commitments. Brooklyn Art Space requires 30 days written notice of termination of membership.
See the Studio
Tours can be scheduled in advance, but feel free to stop by any time Monday - Friday, 11am - 5:30pm. Tours always meet at the 168 7th St location!