Open Studio Membership - $225 per month
Members to the Open Studio receive 24/7 access to the 4,000 square foot shared studio space. Open Studio members receive:
- Personal storage rack
- Personal locker
- 24/7 access open studio space for making artwork
- Use of all tables, easels, taborets and open wall space
- Personal entry code
- Two slop sinks
- Kitchen/Lounge (with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, water boiler, plates and utensils)
- Utilities included/free Wi-fi
- Featured on BAS's online art registry
- Free figure drawing three times per week
- Free monthly critiques and Art Talks with established artists, curators, critics, gallerists, and historians
- 10% off all workshops
- Discounts at Utrecht Art Supplies*
- 10% off on your first out-of-warranty Mac, iPhone or iPad repair or professional data recovery service at The Mac Support Store
- 10% off Brooklyn Botanic Gardens workshops and membership to the BBG
- Optional participation in member salon exhibitions with Trestle Gallery**
* Show your Brooklyn Art Space membership card at Utrecht to get their card for 10% off of purchases. Orders from Utrecht Brooklyn are delivered to BAS are free.
** Brooklyn Art Space members who participate in one of the Member Salons automatically qualify for Artist Rate membership to the following museums. To see full details of each museum's memberships click the link:
Museum of Modern Art & PS1
The Fine Print
Application deadline is the 15th of the previous month. There is a $35 application fee and a $20 personal key-code fee for all accepted artists. These are both one-time fees.
Membership is granted upon signing a studio contract alongside the first and last month's rent, as well as a damage deposit. With exception to particular circumstances, damage despsits will be returned upon termination of membership.
Memberships are month-to-month with no long term commitments. Brooklyn Art Space requires 30 days written notice of termination of membership.
See the Studio
Tours can be scheduled in advance, but feel free to stop by any time Monday - Friday, 11AM - 5:30PM